Translate

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Day 40


 Day 40:  It is really starting to sink in that my internship is coming to end on Tuesday.  This will be my last weekend in East Lansing for quite some time.  Jake and I went to work on finishing the grain hopper.  Jake spent a good amount of the day sitting inside the hopper.  This thing has so many bolts it was crazy.  When we got down to the last section of the hopper bottom, it looked as if Jake was in a space module training simulator.

We got the thing finished in time for a late lunch.  This hopper will hold up to 2800 pounds of grain and when they start up the mill it should hold a significantly larger weight of grain.
My Rye mash was still bubbling away as we were getting ready to finish up the day.  We are most likely going in on Sunday to do some stripping, so I can be involved in the final steps of making the Rye before I leave town on Wednesday.  When we get the next set of HPLC results I will post those.  I should have some on Monday when Jake gets in.

Justin asked Jake and I to proof a small R&D run he wanted to put in a 5 gallon barrel before we headed out.  We were in a rush, so while they were looking for something to stir with, I just went for it.  Note to self: "Do not mix whiskey with a bare hand which has been scratched and cut up from putting together a grain hopper."

No comments:

Post a Comment