Translate

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

 Day 37: Today was an exciting day.  The continuous Carl column still came in. In this first picture you see Nick's son, Nick Hasse, Kris, Klaus and Diane discussing what is going to happen as the day progress.  I was hoping to post some pictures of this installation, but was asked not to share any of the process photos as this industry is becoming competitive and many of the elements are proprietary.  I respect that so I will post some photos, when the install is completed, of the finished still.  I will post those when I get approval for what I would like to show you.
We spent some time working on the stills.  In the second picture I am opening up the trays on the 850L still.

Some other projects got started today as well.  A guy came in to sand and surface the concrete floor in what will become the tasting room at the distillery.  They have plans to stain the floor, and I am sorry I won't be here to see it completed.  I am working on getting all of the final pieces together so we can complete one contract run.  Barrels and barrel racks will get ordered tomorrow.
 Russell surfacing the concrete floor.
 One other thing which came in today was the grain hopper.  Jake and I spent our afternoon working on putting this bad boy together.  It will hold 2800lbs of Grain and a flour capacity is in the works.  There are more bolts on this thing than I have ever screwed together in my life.  It was hot sweaty work, but Jake found time for some humor pretending he was wearing a galvanized hoop skirt.
Putting in the last bolts to the top section.  Tomorrow the bottom cone and the legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment