Translate

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Day 19:  The Beast comes out of the dark.  So the plan for today got scrapped pretty fast and Justin and I went into high gear to get the Beast Mash Tun/Fermenter out, in place and ready for action.  I am going to try and get a before picture so you can see how much work Junior and I put into this to make it shine and look tough.  I only just found out that Junior moved on to a new job while I was spending my week in the Lab away from the distillery.  Junior is just one of those fun crazy people who makes a day more enjoyable.  I'm going to miss him.  So the beast is at the point where it is going to plumbed for steam and draining.  The steam guy is coming in tomorrow.  So the top is on, the pressure relief valves  were installed, and the whole thing is leveled and ready.  The hope is to have this ready by monday to really commence with the Rye.  All the mashing materials are in.  Even Justin is pumped to get back into distilling mode.  We didn't get to the sugar mash to test out the big mash tun, and now with the Beast in and ready for action, I am not sure if that will happen.  Also, the meeting with Kris kind of just got lost in the busy work.  All in all I had a really fun day working on this with Justin.  Tomorrow we will put a bunch of brass parts on, which I brought back to life with a wire wheel.  So hang in there, we are finally getting to the good stuff.  Oh, and I will get back to the lab one of these days and give an update on the all the test results.  One last little thing.  Justin asked to put in a guest post for the blog when the beast is fully completed.  So check back in a couple of days for that if you aren't one of the daily readers.
THE BEAST

No comments:

Post a Comment